Monaco. Borussia Dortmund will be emotionally ready to overturn a one-goal deficit against Monaco after losing its Champions League first-leg quarterfinal following an attack on the team bus last week, coach Thomas Tuchel said on Tuesday (18/04).
Three explosions rocked the Borussia bus on its way to the stadium in Germany last Tuesday, causing the match to be postponed for 24 hours. Monaco then won lsat Wednesday's game 3-2.
It is still unclear who carried out the attack that injured Dortmund defender Marc Bartra.
"We put what happened behind us, we are emotionally stable and completely focused on the match," Tuchel told a news conference at Louis II stadium ahead of Wednesday's second leg.
"We know our qualities and we know what we have to do. We've had an outstanding run in the Champions League and we don't want it to end there.
"In the first leg it was impossible to be at a normal level, in terms of concentration."